Monday, April 28, 2008

Communicating in the digital age

I am not a person who is easily impressed with technology. I spent 11 and a half years doing support for a variety of companies and saw some really cool stuff. But the best thing I have seen in quite some time is Skype.

I recently purchased a new computer at our local Best Buy. I wasn’t looking for anything fancy. I just wanted something to work on all the pictures we are going to take and anything else was bonus. Two things I really like about it is I can pull videos off our camcorder and it has a webcam built into the display.

I have installed Skype and with the webcam I can now video conference with other people. The first time I did a video call with my parents we were talking for over an hour. One of Sabrina’s sisters and one of her brothers have signed up so we are trying to get the rest of the clan to get it set up. The best part is that it’s all free.

So if you want to call to just talk or you want to do a video call, here is our contact info:

Always on and no video conference: jeremy.sabrina.erwin
Not always on but has video conference: jeremy.erwin

No comments: