Wednesday, August 13, 2008

School has started!!

By Sabrina:

We have spent the last two weeks in teacher orientation. We have learned how to work the copier, the school rules, how to take attendance, and how to take lunch count. Actually, we had some great time of fellowship with other teachers and enjoyed time decorating our classrooms while getting ready for the first day of school.

My first day of school was a bit difficult. I was really missing my last school. There are so many wonderful people at my last school and I was thinking of how this is not Texas! At the end of the day, I realized the God did not send me here to think constantly of what I left behind, but instead where I am now and the job I are here to do.

Day two was wonderful as I began to become amazed at this great school I have the opportunity to be a part of. I have been able to start each day with a devotion. We have prayed, listened to Christian music, and read the Bible together. My LARGEST class size is 18!!!!! The students WANT to be in school. And what is even more amazing, is that the teachers actually enjoy teaching and everyone of us chose to come to ICS. The teachers actually like the students so much and want to impact them with the love of Jesus that they plan after school activities (with no extra pay) and often eat lunch with the students (and even the high school students like it!) I quoted a verse during health that had to do with the subject of self-confidence and two students shot up their hands. I had accidentally gave the wrong reference and they were telling me the correct one. Love it!! I actually feel blessed to be here teaching these kids and I hope that I can be a blessing to them throughout the school year.

No comments: